Complementary and Alternative Health Care Client Bill of Rights
Please read this Complementary and Alternative Health Care Client Bill of Rights. We are pleased to provide you with this Client Bill of Rights, in accordance with Minnesota laws, Statute 146A, governing complementary and alternative health care practices.
The State of Minnesota has not adopted any educational training standards for unlicensed complementary and alternative health care practitioners. This statement of credentials is for information purposes only.
In accordance with Minnesota state law, i am providing you with the following notice: "The State of Minnesota has not adopted any educational and training standards for unlicensed complementary and alternative health care practitioners. this statement of credentials is for information purposes only. under Minnesota law, an unlicensed complementary and alternative health care practitioner may not provide a medical diagnosis or recommend discontinuation of medically prescribed treatments (unless the appropriate license is held by the provider). if a client desires a diagnosis from a licensed physician, chiropractor or acupuncture practitioner, or services of a physician, chiropractor, nurse, osteopath, behavioral/mental health professional, physical therapist, dietitian, nutritionist, acupuncture practitioner, athletic trainer or any other type of health care provider, the client may seek such services at any time.
Degrees, training, experience, or other qualifications regarding the complementary & alternative health care:
Spring Forest Qigong Certified Practice Group Leader
Spring Forest Qigong Level One – Completion of Training
Spring Forest Qigong Level Two – Completion of Training
Spring Forest Qigong Level Three – Completion of Training
As a receiver of an UNLICENSED COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE SERVICE, you have the rights to the following:
Right to file a complaint. My name and contact information are listed above. You have a right to file a complaint with us, by writing a letter with details of the nature of the complaint. Also, if you have any concerns, you may file a complaint with the following office: Minnesota Department of Health Office of Complementary and Alternative Health Care Practitioners PO Box 64882 Saint Paul, MN 55164-0882 General Information: 651-201-3731 Fax 651-201-3839 or email Health.HOP@state.mn.us or general info at DOH is 651-215-5800
2. To be informed of fees per unit of service. Fees will be collected online through Business PayPal or Square to Cynthia Ali Studios LLC for practice group sessions, workshops or retreats.
Prices will be listed on the website and you will have a 30 day money back guarantee, according to the Terms of Services.
3. To be informed of changes in service or charges. You have the right to reasonable notice of changes in services or charges, and we will provide prior notice of any changes.
4. Description of Services: The services are based on Spring Forest Qigong created by Master Chunyi Lin. This is an ancient energy work practice that fosters peace and calm, stillness and overall well-being. You can learn more about Spring Forest Qigong here: www.springforestqigong.com
5. . Ability to Question any Assessment and Recommendations and participate on a Voluntary Basis. You have the right to all complete and current information concerning my assessment and recommended service, including the expected duration of the services to be provided. If you have any additional questions, please ask. This is a voluntary service and may be participated in at your own discretion.
6. . Right to Courteous and Non-discriminatory Service. You may expect courteous treatment and to be free from verbal, physical or sexual abuse by your practitioner.
7. Confidentiality. Your records and transactions with this office are confidential. This information will not be released unless you authorize release in writing, or unless release is required by law.
8. Records. You are allowed access to records and written information from records in accordance with section 144.335 of Minnesota Statutes.
9. Other Community Services. Other similar or complimentary services are available in the community. Possible sources of information are Minnesota Wellness Directory or online. You may ask your practitioner and she will provide information for other providers to the best of her knowledge.
10. Selecting and Changing Practitioners. You have the right to choose freely among available practitioners and to change practitioners after services have begun. If these services are covered by your health insurance, medical assistance plan or other health program, you should direct all questions about coverage to your health insurance provider.
11. Coordinated transfer. If you change practitioners, you have the right to our assistance in coordinating this transfer to another practitioner.
12. Right to Refuse Service. You are free to refuse services or treatment unless otherwise provided by law.
13. No Retaliation. You may assert your rights described in this Client Bill of Rights at any time without retaliation
Additional selected MN Statute you must be aware of if seeking a Complimentary and Alternative Health Care Service for a minor:
146A.025 MALTREATMENT OF MINORS. Nothing in this chapter shall restrict the ability of a local welfare agency, local law enforcement agency, the commissioner of human services, or the state to take action regarding the maltreatment of minors under section 609.378 or 626.556. A parent who obtains complementary and alternative health care for the parent's minor child is not relieved of the duty to seek necessary medical care consistent with the requirements of sections 609.378 and 626.556. A complementary or alternative health care practitioner who is providing services to a child who is not receiving necessary medical care must make a report under section 626.556. A complementary or alternative health care provider is a mandated reporter under section 626.556, subdivision 3.
By signup up for a session (s), I have received a copy of the Complementary and Alternative Client Bill of Rights. I have read and understand the Client Bill of Rights, or it has otherwise been read to me. I have had a full opportunity to ask any questions I have about this document and my rights as a client. I understand my rights as a client.
We welcome you to contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding the terms in this agreement.
Cynthia Ali, Spring Forest Qigong Certified Practice Group Leader. (Qigong for Musicans)
Cynthia Ali Studios LLC
1431 Avon Street N., Saint Paul, MN 55117
EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2022